ReFS has the following features:
- Great performance
- Improved ability to check the media for errors
- Low data loss when file system fails and bad blocks occur
- Implementation of EFS-encryption
- Disk quotas functionality
- Increased maximum file size up to 16 Eib
- Increased number of files stored in the folder up to 18 trillion
- Maximum disk capacity up to 402 Eib
- The number of characters in the file name is increased to 32768
Of course there are many features but that is not all. We should understand how much will all these advantages be useful to the average user.
For a home computers' users it will be useful, perhaps, to quickly check partitions for errors and reduce file loss in case of these errors. Of course in this case security is carried out only at the file system level, that is, it solves only its own problems, and the problem of losing important files is still an urgent issue. For example, this can happen due to a hard disk crash. The technology has the greatest effect in RAID arrays.
The advantage of RAID is high fault tolerance and data safety as well as high speed. The most used RAID levels are 1 and 2. The disadvantages of the system are the high cost for the equipment as well as the time spent on implementation. We believe that an ordinary user does not need this if he does not create a home server working 24/7.